nap time today right before I woke him up for swim lessons- he was so excited right before he went to sleep. The child sleeps with SO much stuff! Look at that bed and that is not showing a 1/4 of his sleep stash!
Dressed and ready to leave to meet Mrs. Tammy
in the water, with Mrs. Tammy
after he got out of the pool I said "How was it? Did you like it?!" This is the look I got!
Grayson started a program called ISR today. It is incredible. If you are not familiar with ISR it is a class that teaches babies 6 months to 6 years old how to survive if they were to fall into water. They test out of the program by falling into the pool fully clothed and swimming to the side by using the "swim-float-swim" method they are teaching them. Here is an amazing video of a baby that falls in the water and floats to survive by using the ISR training. The older kids in the video that swim AND float is what Grayson is learning. Today was crazy! I wasn't sure what to expect, and we got there a little early. TOO EARLY! Grayson got to experience this baby freaking out and screaming his heads off while in the water. I tried to distract him by pointing out a lizard on the tree but he was looking around me at this child in the water with Mrs. Tammy and I am sure he was thinking "Ain't NO way I am getting in that water!" Once again I bribed him with 2 M&M's (worked when I potty trained him a year ago) and it worked this time too. I told him he was a big boy and if he didn't scream like those babies (there was 2 back to back) I would give him M&M's. He said "ok mommy!" He got in and was an angel and earned his 2 M&M's. We will see if same holds true tomorrow! Check out the video of this program http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1107113/isr_baby_surviving_drowning/
Grayson started a program called ISR today. It is incredible. If you are not familiar with ISR it is a class that teaches babies 6 months to 6 years old how to survive if they were to fall into water. They test out of the program by falling into the pool fully clothed and swimming to the side by using the "swim-float-swim" method they are teaching them. Here is an amazing video of a baby that falls in the water and floats to survive by using the ISR training. The older kids in the video that swim AND float is what Grayson is learning. Today was crazy! I wasn't sure what to expect, and we got there a little early. TOO EARLY! Grayson got to experience this baby freaking out and screaming his heads off while in the water. I tried to distract him by pointing out a lizard on the tree but he was looking around me at this child in the water with Mrs. Tammy and I am sure he was thinking "Ain't NO way I am getting in that water!" Once again I bribed him with 2 M&M's (worked when I potty trained him a year ago) and it worked this time too. I told him he was a big boy and if he didn't scream like those babies (there was 2 back to back) I would give him M&M's. He said "ok mommy!" He got in and was an angel and earned his 2 M&M's. We will see if same holds true tomorrow! Check out the video of this program http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1107113/isr_baby_surviving_drowning/
1 comment:
That sleeping pic is too sweet, reminds me of Brent at that age...he would pile in all of his dinosaurs with him. I have seen that method of swimming and it's amazing, good luck!
Post a Comment