






Today went BETTER than expected for my sweet Grayson. I am so happy for his health and the great news we recieved on him. Grayson was an angel for his tests, and for the echo of his heart- WOW! He was amazing. NO sedation needed (not that I would have even let that happen- but it wasn't even brought up!) Good thing, because I cried at the drop of a hat all day, I can only imagine what I would have been like if they even mentioned that word to me. Not only that, but since his heart has been doing so well, we now only have to go back every 2 years! That means he will be 5 when he has to go again! Dr. Blumenschine, his cardiologist, said his "zipper" (his scar, or what we call here at the house our reminder of answered prayer) was beautiful and could hardly see it, and that his heart looked so good he could be 18 before he needs his valve put in. She is on the VERY optimistic side, but we liked what we heard. I know this can change as he gets older but I loved hearing this today! I think this news will hold me over for the next 2 years until we go back. I have seen what some of the other kids have to live like that have what Grayson has, and it is so heartbreaking for everyone involved. Grayson has been truly, truly BLESSED and Jamey and I are so grateful beyond words. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support, and more importantly, Praise Jesus for healing our little boy and allowing him to be a beacon of God's light in this world. At this same trip at Children's Hospital today, I had a fetal echo done on "baby binford". They found a small vsd on the baby's heart (a small hole in the heart). They did the echo because Grayson was born with a heart defect, all future baby binford's will have fetal echo's (heart checks while inside of me) "just to make sure". This vsd was so small it was not seen by my OB doctor, it was not seen by the specialist, and it was not seen by the cardiologist on the 1st echo I had. It was only seen when the baby moved clear around at the end of this echo today, and it was almost missed today. They told us it is very common, and that most go unknown because hardly anyone gets fetal echo's. 3 things can be a result of this: 1. the hole closes before birth 2. the hole closes after birth 3. the hole never closes and they do nothing. The 4th and worst case is if the vsd is larger than what they can see on the echo, and then never closes, then the baby would need heart surgery after birth. She said she doubts this would be the case, as it looks very small. She said these days with the technology they have, some things are seen before they have had a chance to work themselves out. Too much info is too much info sometimes. All other areas of the heart look perfect she said. Jamey and I are not worried about the heart, when they told us so many of these go unknown in utro because most people don't have these test, it made us feel fine about it all . They said the hole is slight and will not get bigger. We believe he just needs time to finish growing. He said "God's not finished with me yet!" We ask you to continue to pray for Grayson's heart, but add this new baby to your prayers for all to be perfect and healthy. Enjoy the pictures of Grayson today. He got to watch Finding Nemo during his Echo- he was in heaven! He loves that movie!
9 comments:
I'm so happy to hear everything went so smooth and ended the day with great news all around. You are truly a blessed family.
Much love,
Deborah
Yay! Yay! Yay! That is GREAT news!Love you!
All will be GREAT!!!! Always in our prayers! I still have G's Cross on my mirror to remind me of our awesome GOD! Happy Heart Day!
That is great news! I am happy for you and your family. You are very special people which is why God chose to entrust these special circumstances to you. You handle them with amazing grace and I am truly impressed. Yea for Grayson! I would love to get together this summer. Let's plan a date to take the kids to that Howard Moore pool in Arlington or something like that. It is a great place for kids their age. Let me know some days that work for you and we will definitely connect.
brittanydwinell@yahoo.com
Amazing news! so happy for your family Stevi!
that is great news!! Congrats!!!
I am so happy to hear the wonderful news!
Oh Stevi, I'm so happy for you!! That is wonderful news!
Happy Heart Day Grayson! Brings tears to my eyes that things went so well.
Luv Jessie
Post a Comment