Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation Bible School

I have taught VBS for the past 10 years, only missing the summer when Grayson was born because of his heart surgery and all I wanted to do was hold him. I taught Grayson's class this summer. I felt like he was old enough to still learn if I was in his class. So Grayson's class was the 4's- and I had 17 of them all week. I thoroughly enjoyed it- there was something special about him being with me while I taught this year. VBS changes lives. I love ministering to children! God has impacted us so that we might impact the next generation, and that generation is my children. The first 5 years of a child's life are the most important developmentally and I love helping them develop into worshipful people who love Jesus. VBS helps lay a foundation for faith in our Lord. I love planting the seed- God's word- in their hearts. I loved watching Grayson love his week at VBS. May he dream BIG dreams of serving the Lord.
Day 1- notice Bubbilicious tagged along each day on the color theme even though he stayed at my moms while we were at church. Look even closer... Mimi tagged along too after the 1st day.


We were making this earth and teaching the kids that God made the earth and it is our job to take care of it while we live here. Grayson said, "it makes God happy!" I said, "yes it makes God very happy when we take care of the earth" Then he said, "but not when I pull Bubby's ear, that doesn't make God happy." Ha! Grayson pulled Denton's ear to wake him up the night before and had to sit in time out and Jamey and I had to have a talk with him. We told him that it makes us sad and God sad when we hurt others or treat others not nice. So that is where that comment stemmed from. Loved the connection he made!



Day 2-

A friend loves at all times Proverbs 17:17

...for the LORD made them joyful... Ezra 6:22

Day 3-
I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother, and mother, and now I am sure, in you as well 2 Timothy 1:5

learning the dance move to our songs for our program Thursday night.
Sing to him, sing praise to him 1 Chronicals 16:9

he was praying during our closing time... I wasn't because I had to capture this moment of sweetness
Do not hinder the little children from coming to Jesus Luke 18:16

Grayson and his friend Adam (I taught Adam's older brother Mac last year in VBS)

This picture is priceless... but only to me I am sure. My child is probably the ONLY 4 year old on earth that has never had a snow cone. I KNOW! I KNOW! Call CPS! If you know me at all you know why he hasn't ever had one.... all that food coloring! I wish they would stop producing the stuff! But I am not one to let my children be the outcast so if they are at a party or.... VBS.... sure they can have it, if they want it. This is a picture of his face when he tasted a snow cone for the first time. He said, "mama I don't like that... I just like water please."Music to my ears! Him deciding for himself that he doesn't want that junk! Love it! Happily I handed him a glass of water, and he asked for a refill.

Day 5-
And on the 5th day.... he rested
Sick little Grayson didn't make it to day 5. All tuckered out and in mama's bed with his snuggly blanket. He got to go to the program Thursday night and sing his songs- he did so good even though he wasn't feeling well, so he didn't make it to the last day of VBS. But what a great week for us both. Each of us individually and then unimaginable special time for the two of us.

And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

1 comment:

Ivy Zamora said...

I love the picture of your mom and Denton outside - that picture is beautiful! Glad you guys had a fun week - I LOVED VBS as a kid! Hope Gray feels better soon. Does he have the fever virus thing?