 |
| This weekend was Grayson's first 5k experience. Well.... he's been pushed in over 100 5ks the past 4 1/2years of his life, and I ran with him in my belly for the first 5 months of his life... so running should be deep in his blood.. But this Sat was the first for Grayson to try to run in. He did great for never running in ANYTHING. He isn't in contact sports because he isn't allowed to be. Most of the time people think it's because his heart can't take it, actually it's just the opposite- all that exercise for his heart is the best thing for him. He can't do the contact sports because if he is tackled, ran into etc... his chest bone could be broken very easily (since it was already broken due to his open heart surgery it is very fragile) So non-contact sports is the way we have to go with him (I like that MUCH better anyway!) Maybe he will like running? Swimming we introduced him to a few years ago and he LOVES it. There is a swim team for 5 year old we are going to let him try this coming summer. We are also going to introduce him to tennis and golf and he can pick what he likes best- if any! So here are my 3 boys bright and early as we were leaving for the race this morning. I can't get this picture to rotate, and I have some SUPER cute ones of him running with us on my phone that I can't get on here either. User error I am SURE! |
It was football tasting at our house today....
 |
| I teach GLOW at our church, a mission program for 4 & 5 year olds and Landon and Grayson were getting ready to go this past Wednesday. Aren't they sweet. It is such a great program getting the babies feet wet to serve others. GLOW stands for "Go Love Others In The World" I teach them one virtue for the month, and then our mission work is based alongside of that virtue. This past Wednesday I was teaching them "courage" and what the bible says about us having courage even when we are afraid ect... so the kids drew something they were afraid of and we talked about each one, then wadded them up and "threw away our fears" while we asked Jesus for his protection. My son stands up with his picture and tells everyone he is scared of "giants". That's funny, because I have not ever heard him talk about this. Then he showed his picture, and goes "see his BIG eyes" I told him great job, yada yada..... then "now lets say our Bible verse and throw away your fear" He goes, "no, I don't want to do that. I would like to keep my picture of my giant please" Totally defeating my purpose of the lesson. Nice. |
2 comments:
hahaha!!! that pic it too cute! landon's little smirk is funny! thank you so much for letting him tag along that night!
aw, I LOVE that pic of Gray and Landon! So sweet! I wish Hud was old enough and Nolan was young enough for that class ans that my church offered something like that! :( Maybe next year Hudson can do it with you once he turns four!
Post a Comment