Friday, October 9, 2009

11 Thoughts for 11 Days

1. Even though I realize Denton's smiles are just reflexes, they still make me melt
2. I have always heard people forget the pain of childbirth soon after...I still haven't forgotten the pain of Grayson's birth more less Dentons
3. The way I feel about this baby is indescribable. I love him so intensely. We have waited patiently for a second child.... and it was WELL worth the wait. God's timing is perfect.
4. I thought that sleepers for babies were so practical. 19 billion snaps is far from practical.
5. Who knew you could get excited about sleeping 4 straight hours
6. I have been obsessed with taking so many pictures of him, even though he is pretty much just always sleeping
7. How did I only take 10 days off work when I had Grayson?!?
8. My children's head are perfect little round circles from the moment they are born- I don't get it?
9. How many people can you fit in a Cal King bed?
10. I want 100 more of these little people we call our children
11. Denton, I promise to hold you... but never hold on to you. When you look at me with those big eyes searching for a hug, comfort, or security- I am there. But I have to remind myself there will come a time when you will no longer look to me for all your needs. I promise to let go and let you grow, but I will always be there for you.






4 comments:

sara said...

great thoughts!
love all the pics!

Ivy Zamora said...

again with the tears when I read this post - so sweet. Love the picture of Jamey and Denton and the one of Grayson and Denton - Grayson's smile is precious!!!

Ashley said...

A. Denton looks JUST like Grayson to me.

B. I agree about the sleepers...I so like the zipper ones better.

C. I have NO IDEA how you only took 10 days off with Grayson!

D. I love love love this family!

The Bates Family said...

This was a beautiful post, words and photos.