Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Survival Swim today












Here is Grayson in his clothes doing his survival skills today at swim practice. He had to jump in the pool in his clothes and socks and shoes and survive. WOW! Hard for me... and hard for him. Mrs. Tammy wouldn't help him (unless he really started to drown I think she really would... surely!) It was hard on him because he was weighted down with the clothes. The socks and shoes really fatigued him with his swimming to get to the side. Tomorrow we do the same thing again, and he tests out on Friday! Yea for several reasons: no more big money to pay!, G is so smart he learned 3 1/2 weeks quicker than planned, and now he can swim! win win win! Grayson truly loves to swim... and loves to be under the water. If he continues to love swimming, it might be an option for him to really pursue. He is unable to do any contact sports, no because of his heart, but because his chest bone has been cut open and wired back together it is now more fragile and contact sports are out for him. Swimming would be a GREAT sport for him if he continues to love it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay Grayson!!! I bet it was so hard for you to sit and watch him! Sounds like the class was definitely worth it! I'm sure that is what we will be doing next summer b/c the swim lessons we did just made him more scared of deep water! Oh well...I'm actually glad he's scared of deep water since we have a pool. Grayson's gonna be the next Michael Phelps!

Ivy Zamora said...

That's great - yay Grayson. I am super impressed!