Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Camp Thurman

Quick little snap before the boys ran down to the barn to see the baby chicks we now have.
we said the anticipated words "TIME TO GO TO CAMP THURMAN!" Here they came and so excited!  Look closely in the back of the picture, Denton was still in Wilbur's pin, he was not as excited, he wanted to go to camp too!

We all rode together, parked and walked the boys to their group where they met their new friends for the week and their SUPER COOL counselor- Rooster! 
Here they are from our car window.  Look at both boys faces, they are looking at Ashley and I like we are crazy.  We were so silly, excited and nervous for them.  We were in the car waving out the window, blowing kisses and yelling bye and I love you, while Ashley is hanging out the window taking this picture for me.  This is my favorite picture because they are not quite sure if they want to smile  and laugh at us or act like they don't know us.

everyone meeting each other on the 1st day
1st day home from camp- drinking a cold ice water.  They got to swim 2 times, for 50 min each time, do arts and crafts, learn a bible verse for the week and get to go on stage as a group and recite it together.  They got to do the zip line, and Grayson didn't want to.  I told him that I hope he tries it because I think he will LOVE it.  So far it hasn't happened.  They also got to ride around in a wagon pulled by a 4 wheeler while shooting clowns and the other campers with water shooters!  They have bible time and get to eat lunch in a tent outside.  He said it was so much fun.  His favorite part of camp day 1:  Swimming

Big said he was so thirsty too so here they are with a cold drink to cool off

Here all 3 are on day 3 of camp just before we left.  On day 2 they got to swim in another pool and Grayson said Rooster threw him in the pool over and over and it was so fun.  They also got to do archery and shoot BB guns.  They shot at cans and Gray said he knocked on down.  His favorite part of camp day 2: Archery
and this is just a sweet picture of my 4 sweeties I get to spend the rest of my life with- how lucky am I ??!!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Looks like sooooo much fun!!! :) I got your sweet message! I'm going to call you back in a bit!!!