Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Denton James

Denton James-
Just saying your name makes emotion pour out from my heart.  Never in my life have I experienced such a deep love for something or such an overwhelming amount of pride and joy like I do for you and your brother.  Thank you for making me a Mommy for the 2nd time.  We lost 2 babies before you came to stay, after we had your brother, so I coveted every day that I was still pregnant with you.  You are my little baby and I love you so, so very much.   Life is so fun for you and you make it so fun for us too.  
You have developed quite the personality.  Your silliness mixed with your infinite vocabulary is the perfect recipe for laughter!  No matter where we are or what we’re doing, you’re sure to make us laugh, even if it’s just for the simple fact that so many words are coming out of such a little guy.  You are so smart, your mind is always working, observing everything that goes on in your surroundings and truly comprehending it all. Your signature song that daddy and I pegged you with is "Anything you can do I can do BETTER!" because you are always trying to one up your brother.... even your mommy and daddy!
You are the definition of a Daddy’s boy!  The moment daddy's alarm goes off you are up and in his arms.  You love tools, tractors, horses and kitty cats.  You LOVE fixing things and tearing things up.  But in the midst of all the manliness, you sure do love your mama!  One of my favorite things that comes out of your mouth is “Mommy, hold you"  I would hold you all the days of your life if I could.  I know one day you won't want this anymore, so I hold you every moment I can- even when my big pregnant tummy sometimes gets in our snuggle way.  I love the relationship you have with your brother.  It is the sweetest thing I have ever witnessed, and my prayer for you is that this will only grow stronger over your lifetime.  And to think of how caring you are to your baby sister, always talking to her through my belly button-  I can’t wait to see you in action once she is born.  And I love the way you say her name "ya-yah".
So here we are, on your 2nd Birthday.  You love balls, books, going outside, orange juice, pizza and the color blue.  You are fully potty trained and think you are so big!   I’m loving every second of watching you grow.  Happy Birthday Baby Boy!  I hope this next year brings you nothing but happiness.
With all of my love,
~Mommy
P.S. Go easy on us, okay?!  Sister will be here soon, and our hands are going to be full, so if you want to skip the terrible 2's that are suppose to be around the corner that would be great!

2 comments:

sara said...

Happy Birthday D!!!!
My girls just love your boys, Ava was actually talking about them after school ... about the games they all play together at your place :)

Anonymous said...

AWE, wow! It's hard to believe it's already been 2 years! SO happy for you all! Happy Momiversary too! ;)