This week:
One of our boys noticed that Duck and Fluffy had, somehow, gotten on the back porch (over the little wire fence we have blocking them) I told him to "hurry, run out there and shoo them off." He told me he couldn't. I said Hurry before they poop up there!! He ran out the back door yelling "SHOO SHOO GO GO!" He came back in, remote still in hand, proud as can be and said, "mommy, I shooed them, but they pooped on the porch!" I said well we need to tell daddy when he gets home so he can clean it. The whole rest of the day Denton kept coming to me and saying "ducks poop outside- daddy get it"
This week:
The OTHER boy got a hold of my cell phone. This is a no-no, because who is familiar how many settings are on a cell phone? Well I have NO IDEA what those settings mean, how to turn them on, how to turn them off, and most importantly how to use my phone if ANYTHING gets changed. Alas, I didn't know he got a hold of it - because try as I might, there may be a 60-second window of time during the course of the day when my eyes are not fixated UPON them. Within that 60 second window he was able to unlock it, text jibberish to 3 people, change my text language to French so that it adds the accent to the vowels, make 2 new screens on my phone, and turn on some function that I don't know what it is (some new symbol is at the top of the phone). So now I am in the process of learning to change it all back.
This week:
I noticed some scratches on the floor. WHAT HAPPENED HERE? I asked, aloud. Grayson came running to inspect and as he did, our OTHER son said "airplane mama!" as he ran to get it and show me what he was doing. Banging the airplane in the same spot on the floor over and over and over and over and over and over on the floor yelling "CRASH!"- nice
This week:
Denton decides he wants to go potty like "Bruber" (as he calls him) he is not tall enough to reach the big potty standing up, not to mention I have not even begun to teach him standing up. He has done remarkable sitting on his little potty. I walk in on him peeing in Jamey's bathroom, facing the WALL and moving from left to right, all over the wall. I say "DENTON!" He turns around, still peeing, BIGGEST smile on his face and says "potty like Bruber mommy- Big potty!" OH....MY....LORD!
Grayson walks in and says, "Brother, I am so sad you decided to do that. Mommy, are you so sad too? I get your m&m since you went on the floor." walks out, shaking his head, and I hear him say "I would like a blue one please"
This week:
I was reading to Grayson and he stopped me and said " mommy I love you, I love you tall to the sky" I hugged and kissed him and said I love you tall to the sky too baby." and while I was hugging him he whispers, "I know you really love me tall to heaven, but you can be the same as me if you want"
I will always remember this sweetness...
This week:
I asked Denton, "do you love mama?" He says "yes" I said, "will you tell me?"
He runs to me saying (in his scooby doo voice and biggest smile), "I wrub you mommy". Tackles me to the ground, Hugs my neck, and is so excited bites my neck.
I will always remember this sweetness.....
Being a parent is truly the best thing to ever happen to me.
It's very important our children always know that.
a few pictures from the pool with Aunt Bubba! More pictures to come!





1 comment:
Love these!! So sweet - glad you took the time to write them down!!
Post a Comment