Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Denton James

Dear Denton,
For a long 9 months it was just you and me.  You being my second baby (well 4th really) I knew what to expect with all the movement and feeling of you inside of me, but still I cherished each move you made like it was my 1st pregnancy.  I loved being pregnant with you, just as I did my other pregnancies- I was born to be a mom.  I loved being pregnant with you so much, that when I went into labor- I prayed that our Lord would let you stay in me another week.  Not that I didn't want to meet you, but that I knew "our" special you and me only time was ending.  A year ago I was in bed and flew out at 1am screaming to your daddy "We have to get to the hospital NOW!!!!!" Daddy said, "don't you want to wait and see if you have another contraction?"  I told him if we waited for another contraction you were coming out in this bedroom!  And daddy knows I stay as far away from hospitals as long as I can when I have you babies- so we booked it.  When we arrived at the hospital I was 8cm dilated and delivered you 3 hours later.  All natural, no drugs, just like your brother.  After a complicated delivery of trying to get you out, and everyone in the room thinking you had died- I fixed my eyes upon another piece of heaven that Jesus gave me- Denton James.  You had the biggest pouty lip, but I knew just as soon as you could meet your brother that you would end up liking it here.  We took forever deciding your name.  It wasn't until a month before you were born that we decided, and even then it was just because Aunt Pretty said "pick one, your shower is next week"!!  Daddy and I met, fell in love, and he proposed to me in Denton, Tx. It didn't make the cut for Grayson's name, but loved it for you. James comes from your daddy "Jamey".  You came and had the perfect little round head, just like Grayson did.  Black hair like your mama... .but I knew better!  When I saw that little round head, and black hair- this time I didn't even get my hopes up.  It was just as Grayson was born.  And today.... just as Grayson did- bald as a bat, and the hair that is coming in, is white as snow.  I love you Denton.  Every mommy loves her baby-and boy do I love you.  I lost 2 babies before you and almost lost your brother- I was beginning to think Jesus didn't want me to have any babies.  But we prayed so much through my pregnancy with you, and so did everyone else, that we could keep you- and what a wonderful thing we got to keep!  You are precious in so many ways.  Tomorrow I will wake up and you will be my age, so today.... I will cherish every small thing about you.  The 4 of us in a bed is kind of sweet now.  2am comes around, and I look at this house and all 4 of us in one little corner of it- seems silly at first, but now... it's time I will never get back.  When your daddy reaches across your little body, and your brother's little body, to hold my hand at night.... that is the beauty of life.  I love you sweet boy.  May you stay as sweet and precious as you are today, all the days of your life.  If you have your daddy's genes, you will.
Love, Mama


Birthday morning asleep right before we sang "Happy Birthday" to you to wake you up!


waking up to me, daddy and Grayson singing "Happy Birthday"

...still singing

....still singing

mama is more excited than the birthday boy!



 
daddy with the birthday boy




I made him a Shamu cake since we are going to Sea World for his b-day

posing with Aunt Pretty & Uncle Josh

my new favorite picture of my 3 boys!

we didn't have a party for Denton since we are taking the boys to Sea World instead for his party, but had to give the 4 kids something that came over... so here was their little treat.

The big Shamu cake I made and D's little 1 year old cake

my mom, Whitney & Aunt Stacy

enjoy the next few picture.... this was Grayson's 1 yr hat and he loved wearing it... Denton? NOT so much!  We tried SO hard to get a cute picture, but he kept ripping it off.





                                       These next pictures are sweet picture of family and close friends that came to       watch D eat his first cake. 









isn't Jamey the cutest thing ever?!!!!!


2 comments:

Ella Cate and Emma Claire said...

Happy Birthday sweet Denton! Love the recent posts and the beautiful family pics!! :) I'm happy I figured out how to log in to see your blog!

Joshjohnnaben said...

Glad we were there! Happy bday sweet Denton! Love, Josh, Ben and Aunt Donald! :)