Sunday, April 25, 2010

What is a Boy?

Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood we find a delightful creature called a boy


Boys are found everywhere- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around, or jumping to. Mothers love them, girls hate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them.

A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut finger, Wisdon with gum in his hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.
.

He likes ice cream, trains, Christmas, birthdays, books, the boy across the street, woods, water, large animals, mommy, Saturday mornings, and fire engines.

He's not much for naps, company, neckties, barbers, or bedtime.

Nobody else is so early to rise or so late to supper.

Nobody else gets so much fun out of trees, dogs, and rocks.

Nobody else can cram into one pocket an apple slice, rocks, 6 cents, a sling shot, 3 feet of string, and a chunk of unknown substance

A boy is a magical creature. You can lock him out of your bathroom, but you can't lock him out of your heart.

He's a precious, bundle of noise.

Raise him on Proverbs and he will reach maturity with the wisdom of Solomon.

How blessed we are to have 2 "boys"

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love this!! I have something very similar framed on Landon's wall. It has many of the same lines, but many different ones, as well. Great pictures of your boys.

Binford Family said...

isn't it the greatest- its from a book that Jamey's mom was given YEARS ago about little boys. I love it (I added a few things that make me think of my boys- like the proverbs thing) :)

sara said...

the pictures make the words even better!
LOVE this.

Ivy Zamora said...

so sweet and so true - I love the pic of you and the boys...so good!

Christi said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've read. You are such a good Mom and your boys are so lucky to have you! I absolutely love the main page pic of you and the boys...perfect!