Sunday, February 21, 2010

PBR 2010


The PBR (Professional Bull Riders) World Championships was at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium last night and since my boys follow it on TV, religiously, we thought this was something we shouldn't miss. Denton went to my moms house, and we headed to the stadium. First was a Gary Allen concert. Fun! Then came the bull riding. We had great seats, 2nd row, so we got to see the riders up close. It was so much fun, I am sure we will be back next year. I enjoy the excitement that goes with this sport. The thrills and spills of bull riding... whats not to love? Is it actually a sport? It is definitely competitive by nature, weather it be the the world champs, or your local round up- there is always a winner and the rest are loosers. You have to be fit to ride those bulls! The "object" of the game is to stay "seated" but if you have ever witnessed a bull riding event, from the looks of it, its like getting into a car accident every time the gates open. And the strength that is required for your grip?! I can't imagine. So is it a sport? I don't think your everyday person could ride a 1500 pound bull for 8 seconds- so yes it is in my book!