Sunday, February 1, 2009

cows, horses, & sleep


Nani, Grayson & Popi


Daddy & Grayson
















Here are some pictures from this weekend. We went out of town and Grayson was all about the cows and horses... as usual. Now I need to talk about sleep. If I don't, I may forget about this when he gets older. When we go to Jamey's parents, or on vacation Grayson sleeps in bed with us. That is the only time, or unless he is sick, but that is like once a year, so not much. I know I will not have this time forever, so I really cherish those times that he does get to sleep in bed with us. Now lets talk about sleep habits. I will admit, I used to be the worst person to have in bed with you when I was little. I used to kick, flip, talk, and walk all night in my sleep. Now a days, I get in the fetal position (on my side, knees tucked up) with a pillow in between my knees, and I am asleep within 5 min. of my head hitting the pillow, never moving again the rest of the night. My husband on the other hand sleeps on his back, and somehow steels my pillow in the middle of the night from between my legs. If you ask him he will tell you he doesn't. I have been married to him for 6 1/2 years.... and I know! I know so well, that I include an extra pillow each night in the bed for when he does that. He never takes that one though, always mine- I guess so it will be warm?? We sleep in a HUGE Cal-King bed. There is plenty of room for us and 6 kids by my opinion. He would beg to differ when Grayson enters the bed. When Grayson gets in the bed with us his tiny 2 year old frame turns into a 6 ft man's body with a black belt. His arms find just the spot in your back that knock the wind out of you, and his legs seem to grow like vines making no matter where I scoot- they find me! He manages to find my face no matter where I scoot and if I roll over to "get away" he puts a death grip on my cheek so I can't get away from him. One more trait I guess he got from me. I will, however, cherish these times forever.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE Landon is bed with us, too!!! Too bad it's become a nightly habit now...And he too, kicks and flails his body all over the bed. He has one more week being with us, then it's back to his room once the carpet is installed this week. I sure will miss those little toes digging into my back at night :)

Ashley said...

One more comment...I kept thinking this post was about "cows, horses, and SHEEP". And you stated you really wanted to talk about the SHEEP. I kept reading and reading wondering when you were going to mention something about sheep, and you never did. Not until now did I realize you said "sleep", not "sheep". hahahaha...i'm a true nerd :)

The Bates Family said...

Ha. Ella has been sleeping with us every night for about 6 months. We can't get her out of the bed. I have to admit I love the snuggle time, but I wouldn't mind having more than 1/2 of a pillow.

Erica said...

I love for my kids to sleep with us too! What a funny play by play of y'all's night! : )