Friday, November 16, 2012

Drug Free Contest and Reflections Contest

Grayson entered the Drug Free poster contest and won.  The theme was "Life is a journey, travel drug free"  All the posters entered were judged by Grand Prairie police officers- pretty cool!  The assembly  he was recognized at was on the day I took off.  It was mine and Jamey's 10 year anniversary and we took the day off to spend together just two of us, but first we ran up to school to watch Grayson be recognized.

 He also entered the Reflections contest and won in the photography division.  It will move on to the district level now against all the other school in Arlington.  The contest was judged by people outside the school.   He LOVES to take pictures so back for his 5th birthday we bought him his own digital camera and he is really good with it and knows the functions of the camera.  Last year he won the photography division at the school level.  The children have to write a statement about their picture his statement said, "Brother thinks sister is his baby.  Sister thinks she's his baby too" And that is SO true.  The littles are so close in age and stay home together all day they are so protective of each other.  The title of his picture (below), "Small moments... Big Magic"

What is the coolest thing about this is he took about 10 pictures and I pick the one that I thought was the best.  Gray didn't want that one, he said "mommy I like the one where Denton is kissing sister in the bath" I tried to talk him into the one I liked best but in the end it was him entering the contest so I printed the bath picture off per his request.... not bad Grayson! Below is the picture I loved best that he took (just for the record) I LOVE how big the stroller is compared to Denton and how proud he is to be taking sister on a stroll.  I love the angel of his shoe while walking.... I love everything about this picture below.  But I LOVE that it was Grayson's picture and his decision that won it for him.


No comments: