Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This little pig went to the market......

My house has turned into a barnyard circus. I feel like I am living in Babe 2: The Barnyard Visits The Binfords. Big piggy has eaten a hole in my wall and taken control of my laundry room as if he was a Somali pirate invading a treasure ship.  I liked the movie Babe. In fact, I loved it. When Grayson got it I BEGGED him to watch it over and over.  Charlotte's Web- love it!  When he finally watched it and fell in love- I would stop what I was doing to watch that move with him (still do- it's my favorite). But now I realize that the big screen images of pigs are practically as romanticized as that of the skinny, mini, big boobed, sex-bombs on tv. Take for example Babe or Wilbur, these protagonist pigs are little, pink, clean, adorable, have curly little tails and they talk in cute little snorty voices.  Who wouldn't want that?!  Well, real pigs, much like real women in America, do not fit such a fine and fancy stereotype. Don't get me wrong, Wilbur is precious.  He is clean and pink...... and my kids love him.  But he seem to be rather feisty and territorial and has basically zoned off my laundry room as HIS. Who does he think he is? I was here first.  The barn is almost finished.  It just needs 2 gates and the ice needs to go away so Wilbur can live in peace where he belongs- in a BaRn! 

this is the barn 1/2 way though.  BIG thanks to my hot hubby, my dad, and  Josh for building it
Fun Pig Fact: It takes only three months, three weeks and three days to have baby piglets. I wonder if this is where the “Three Little Pigs” stemmed from?!

3 comments:

sara said...

wow i've missed out. i haven't been over in like 2 weeks & so much has gone on! Why in the world did he eat the wall?! you better have a sweater for "SOME PIG"!

Anonymous said...

This is TOO cute, and TOO funny!!


Thanks for the very sweet note & for being excited with us!
I really appreciate the prayers! Alyssa will love that you said hi & sent hugs! It made me' smile when you reffered to her as your girl. You are a fantastic K teacher, and you were an answer to prayer!

Good night!

Basner said...

You make me smile so big! I love reading all about your adventures with Wilbur! Thanks for sharing.